martes, 22 de octubre de 2013

4. Body language

First of all, I thought it was a great talk. She went from the basics of the theme she was exposing, gradually inserting examples like the ones with the Politian’s or the doctors, social and biological studies that corroborated her posture like the one about testosterone and cortisol, and even connected emotionally with the audience with her personal experience (I really empathized with her in that part). 

Regarding the topic, I knew about it, and I think is one of the first thing you, at least, hear studying psychology, and it is studied by people in areas regarding behavior and cognitive process. The effects of nonverbal behavior are known, and even if you do not know the exact postures, you can have an idea about what are, simply by experience. It was interesting the information about the difference between gender in power/powerless expression, and how participating in something and the feedback of it can affect us. I agree with all she said about the topic, and the quote she remarked “fake it until you become it” express very well the motive of the talk. 

In my personal experience I, for different reasons, I have been felt powerless and “not supposed to be here”, and I usually do some poses that go accord that way, but I try to change my posture and body language when I realize it, and improve myself in that area, but, like she said, it is something you do step by step.


Thanks for reading!

1 comentario:

  1. yeah, I agree with you when you said it was interesting to know the topic of power/powerless postures... so important in these days

    ResponderEliminar